Doing research on and getting exposure to the alternative learning system made me appreciate flexible and open learning. I love learning and I believe in the power of education. Through technology, learning not only becomes flexible but easily accessible. Premiere universities of the world have made available their educational resources online, for free! These universities are part of the Open Courseware Consortium.
Here are some of my favorite open courseware (OCW) websites:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology OCW
2. Carnegie Mellon's Open Learning Initiative
3. University of California Berkeley Webcasts
4. Utah State OpenCourseWare
5. Annenberg Media - contains teacher resources for basic education
More open courseware websites can be found at the websites of Open Courseware Consortium and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.